Google Morning! Google Afternoon! Google Evening! Google Everywhere!
By Asif Iqbal
Why and how much Google is Getting Important, either you are Businessman, Doctor, Engineer, Software Professional, SEO or Housewife, you tend to google every time. Google is more or less an integral part of our online life now. Google has become the biggest brand on internet, it’s still a seven year old kid and has surpassed young and healthy fellows like Microsoft and Yahoo!
Google Means the World!
Google means everything for almost everybody, you ask from it, it’ll serve you with the best. Google People intent to capture all World’s Information at one single platform, one can guess how big they aim to be! Thought Google hasn’t get 10% of its Goal but still it’s the Biggest Online Database. It serves to everybody including Businessmen, Visitors, Professionals and Competitors as well.
- To Visitors: Google is their Genie, which can serve them anything they want without spending any penny.
- To Business Owners and Advertisers: Google is their God father, which provides them immense quality traffic every moment.
- To Competitors: Google is their Teacher, which sets new Trends, it’s competitors try to follow the same way as it does, try to learn from Google.
Google is basically a Search Engine that has built enormous Loyalty with its Visitors through its consistent quality, reliability, innovation and simplicity. Whatever Google is going to experiment, people already trust that it’s going to be big and very reliable. That’s why thousands of people get dependent on Google.
Google to Follow!
Well, it’s not easy to follow Google’s way, because Google always believes on Research and Innovations, how can it be restricted to Search only? It had started Testing and Launching New Services and Tools for better user Experiences. Its BETA Launched Services and Tools got Mega Success and surprised big players like Microsoft and Yahoo!
Secret of Google Success!
David C. Drummond, Google’s Vice President, Corporate Development, according to him there are four factors as the key to Google’s success:
- Technology: Along with its innovative approach to page ranking, Google is a purpose-built hardware company, building all its own servers from components it buys directly for their manufacturers. According to Drummond, Google now operates the world’s largest distributed computer system.
- Business Model Innovation: By perfecting the nature of targeted ads, Google not only has created a highly effective revenue generator, it has produced what it hopes to be a better experience for its users. It is Google’s goal to make their targeted ads at least as relevant and useful to users as the search results themselves.
- Brand: According to Drummond, a European study recently determined Google to be the number one most recognized worldwide brand. Indeed, Google has become a verb (“I can’t wait to get home and Google him”) which poses real challenges to a company seeking to protect the strength of its mark.
- Focus on the User Experience: Product decisions at Google are driven by optimizing for the user experience first and for revenue second. The folks at Google firmly believe that the better the user experience, the more easily money will follow.
The Google name was chosen to represent the gigantic amount of material available on the Web. It comes from “googol” the number 1 followed by 100 zeros.
For more http://www.google.com/intl/en/about.html
Google was created by two Stanford students, Larry Page and Sergey Brin. In 1996, they developed BackRub, a search engine that analyzed the “Back Links” the number of web links that pointed to that page. With an investment from Andy Bechtolsheim, a Sun founder, and others, Google Inc. was founded in September 7, 1998.
For more http://www.google.com/corporate/history.html
Google Tools and Services
Google has launched dozen of Desktop and Web Tools and Services, though majority of services and tools are still beta but they are very effective, here is a list of google tools and services http://www.google.com/intl/en/options/